Cambur complies with the State and Commonwealth Privacy Laws including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles ("Privacy Law"). Cambur is committed to your privacy and to continue providing goods and services in a confidential and safe manner.
Information Cambur collects and holds
Definition of Personal Information:
Personal information is defined by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as "information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable: (a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and (b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not."
From time to time, Cambur may collect certain personal information only in connection with the purpose for which it was collected as being reasonably necessary for or related to Camburs business. The kind of information we collect will depend on your relationship with Cambur (e.g. as a customer, business partner, employee or contractor). Generally, the only personal information Cambur collect about you is that which you choose to tell us, or which you authorise Cambur to obtain.
The type of information Cambur collect may include: Your name, address, telephone number, billing information (if purchasing products) and demographic date (non-sensitive information only).
How Cambur collect and hold your personal information
Where possible, Cambur will collect your personal information directly from you.
Personal and sensitive information may be collected from you when you provide it to Cambur directly.
Cambur has established appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard any information Cambur collect. This helps prevent unauthorised access, maintains data accuracy and ensures that the information is used correctly.
All data stored within the Camburs systems is designed to only be able to be accessed by authorised staff members and the hosting facility.
The purpose for which Cambur collect, hold, use and disclose personal information.
Cambur collect personal information that Cambur consider relevant, and which is outlined in your written authority, for the purpose of providing Camburs services. Sensitive information, in most cases, can only be disclosed with your written consent. Any personal information collected about an individual will not be used or disclosed for the purposes of direct marketing unless the individual has given Cambur consent to do so. Any personal information collected about an individual will not be disclosed to any overseas recipients, unless the individual has given Cambur consent to do so.
Some of the ways Cambur use personal information include to:
- personalise your shopping experience
- communicate with you and others as part of Camburs core business
- send you information regarding changes to Camburs policies, other terms and conditions, on-line Services and other administrative issues
- enable Cambur to provide a product or service
- to enable Cambur to deal with warranty claims
- allow Cambur to track your order history
- prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and money laundering, and analyse and manage other commercial risks
- verify information you have given to Cambur
- carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys
- provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third party partners) in preferences you have expressed
- manage Camburs infrastructure and business operations and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing accounting billing and collections IT systems data and website hosting business continuity and records, document and print management
- resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction
- comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering, sanctions and anti-terrorism
- comply with legal process and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (in outside your country of residence)
- establish and defend legal rights protect Camburs operations or those of any of Camburs group companies or insurance business partners, Camburs rights or property, and/or that of Camburs group companies, you or others and pursue available remedies or limit Camburs damages
What happens if you don't provide all this information?
If you do not provide some or all of the personal information requested, Cambur may not be able toprovide you with the benefit of Camburs services.
Using a pseudonym or engaging with Cambur anonymously
Where practicable, you will be given the opportunity to engage with Cambur on an anonymous basis or using a pseudonym. Due to the nature of Camburs services, in most cases, anonymity will not be possible.
To whom does Cambur disclose your personal information?
Cambur may disclose your personal information to:
- government authorities (where required by law)
- third parties involved in court action (where required by law)
- other parties that provide support services to Camburs including support merchant services, online sales and marketing programs
Credit Card Details
Cambur does not store credit card numbers in Camburs system. Your credit card details are processed through external gateways out of the control of Cambur.
Website cookies and usage information
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. Cambur may gather your IP address as part of Camburs business activities and to assist with any operational difficulties or support issues with Camburs services. This information does not identify you personally.
Cambur' website may contain links to other websites. When you access these links Cambur recommend that you read the website owner's privacy statement before disclosing your personal information. Cambur does not accept responsibility for inappropriate use, collection, storage or disclosure of your personal information collected outside Camburs website.
Opting out of direct marketing communications
Where Cambur use your personal information to send you marketing and promotional information by post, email or telephone, Cambur will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such information. By electing not to opt-out, Cambur will assume Cambur have your implied consent to receive similar information and communications in the future. Cambur will always ensure that Camburs opt-out notices are clear, conspicuous and easy to take up. If you wish to opt out of communications from Cambur, please use the contact details below.
Cross-border disclosures of your personal information
Cambur does not currently use off-shore service providers with regard to storage of personal information date. However, Cambur reserves the right to use data hosting facilities and third party service providers both in Australia and overseas to assist Cambur with providing our goods and services. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Australia.
Part or all of Camburs website and/or data facilities may be administered and hosted by off-shore service providers.
Whilst Cambur takes reasonable steps to ensure that off-shore service providers comply with Privacy Law. Cambur does not take any responsibility for the manner in which third parties use or store your personal information.
How an individual access their personal information held by Cambur
If an individual wishes to exercise their rights of access or alternatively has any questions or believes that any personal information held by Cambur is incorrect or incomplete, the individual can write to Camburs Privacy Officer at the address below.
Cambur will then take all reasonable steps to correct the information or if necessary discuss alternative actions with the individual.
Personal information will only be released to the individual directly, unless Cambur are provided with a written, signed authority by individuals to provide it to a third party.
Updating your personal information
You may ask Cambur to update, correct or delete the personal information Cambur hold about you at anytime by contacting the Privacy Officer as specified below. Cambur will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making any corrections to or deletion of your information.
Cambur also has obligations to take reasonable steps to correct personal information Cambur holds when Cambur is satisfied that it is inaccurate, out- of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading for the purpose for which it is held. If you wish to update your personal information, please use the contact details below.
How to contact Cambur regarding privacy
If an individual would like to make further inquiries or complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or complain about a registered Australian Privacy Principles code (if any) that may relate Camburs business, the individual can contact Camburs Privacy Officer at the address:Privacy OfficerCambur Industries Pty LtdP.O. Box 5246HALLAM, VICTORIA 3803AUSTRALIA
Cambur will take all complaints regarding privacy of information seriously. Cambur will respond to any requests, questions, or complaints as soon as possible in a reasonable time frame.
In this document, "Cambur" means Cambur Industries Pty Ltd ACN ACN 004 538 792 and any related body corporates within the meaning of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).